Wednesday 4 July 2012

Early Mushrooms - 1st July 2012

I went for a walk in my favourite woods, to check out the status of the wild raspberries. Before I got to the raspberries, I found this fungi. I'm pretty sure it's a Wood Mushroom.



It looks and smells very similar to a Field Mushroom. Normally an Autumn species. I guess the damp weather has fooled it. Very edible!

When I eventually reached the raspberries, they were nowhere near ripe. This time last year I was picking them. So, again the weather has fooled them. I reckon it will be a couple of weeks before they are ready.

On a green near my house I found this fungi.


It looks like a Grey Milk-cap in my Roger Phillips book. Supposed to grow under birch trees. It was growing under a tree. I'll check it next time I pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment