Thursday 9 May 2013

Spring 2013 In My Favourite Woods

The weather has turned glorious for a few days, so I decided to go to my favourite woods. Wild garlic should be well advanced now and as this is a bluebell wood it is abundant. You usually find wild garlic growing near bluebells. It didn't take long to find a nice tranche of wild garlic.



A short walk uphill and I found that the Wood Sorrel was in flower. The leaves of this are good to use in a salad. They have a tart, lemon flavour.They grow in damp, shady positions, quite often under trees. The leaves look like clover.


I was now amongst the areas of bluebells and they are well into their flowering season now. There were a couple of Roe deer hiding amongst the trees, but they slipped off before I could get a photo.


 I will be back soon to gather nettles and wild garlic to make a soup. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment